I totally agree that being stuck in the house can get a little crazy. It can bring on anxiety and even flare up that annoying thing called depression. I know for some it’s even more than just staying home. Businesses are losing money. Since this all started, I’ve had a few brands cancel campaigns or delay them for months. This isn’t my only source income but for some bloggers it is, so I can only imagine the stress some may be feeling. However, I do believe there are also some positives that comes along with social distancing. Many of us complain about being overwhelmed and having too much on our plate. Well now is the time we get to slow down, spend time with our family and work on things we have been putting off forever! I made a short list of some things I’ve started doing to help stay sane during these times of uncertainty. We are all in this together and hopefully sooner than later this will be a thing of the past. Until then, be kind to yourself and others.
10 THINGS TO DO DURING QUARANTINE
1. Pick up that book. You know the one that has been on the book shelf or night stand for months. Well it’s a great time to start reading it.
2. Family craft time. Painting, drawing, coloring. All of these things are known to be calming. So not only are you spending time with your family it’s calming your spirit as well.
3. It’s the perfect time to actually start trying some of those recipes you pinned on your Pinterest. I know supplies are low so you may not have the resources to try them all. However, bake a cake or some cookies. The kids can enjoy this as well.
4. Movie night or day! If shows are your thing, get to binge watching. There are so many movies I wanted to see but I never had the time. I finally seen Queen and Slim and I’m mad I didn’t watch it sooner.
5. Declutter your house and car. This is a big one for me. I plan to take one room at a time and just box up the things that we no longer need or use. This also allows me to donate to those who are in need. Win win!
6. Start a new hobby or freshen up on an old one. Youtube is great source for when you want to learn something. Take this time to master a new skill. It will pay off later!
7. Journal or write letters to your love ones. I am big on journaling. Since the start of this pandemic, I’ve started documenting this time in history. My plans are to go to the store and get some blank cards for my kids and I to write to our family.
8. Game night. We have a closet full of games that we never use. We will be making full use of them during this time.
9. Home projects. If you’re like me you have a list of projects you want to do around the house. We finally have clear weekends and can start getting things done. I’m sure I will be rearranging my decor several times during this time.
10. GET OUTSIDE!!! That’s right, you don’t have to go to parks, stores, trampoline centers to have fun. Pull out the bikes and take a ride around the neighborhood. Take walks, do scavenger hunts, play tag in the yard, hopscotch, sidewalk chalk, jump rope… the options for outside activity are endless. The best part, you can keep your distance and still get your vitamin D.
Let me know what has helped you during this time. What are some of your favorite quarantine activities? I hope this list helps some. Enjoy this down time. We will be back to the hustle and bustle soon.
Xx, Chelle B.